WordPress is behind more than 28% of the top million websites. If you are new to WordPress and want to learn the basics, now’s a great time to do it! This workshop will explore the very basics of using WordPress as a user to get you jump started in setting up your own website, writing your own blog, or exploring what you can do with WordPress.
Topics we plan on covering will include:
– the fastest and best ways to install a WordPress site
– setting up WordPress for what you need, plus a general tour of the WordPress admin
– creating content, which includes pages and posts. Also, how WordPress treats media – from uploaded photos to videos
– a discussion about trusted sources of finding WordPress themes, plugins, widgets, and more
– sharing basic tips and knowledge about common WordPress problems, security and troubleshooting
This workshop is definitely for WordPress beginners wanting to learn about the very basics before moving on to building their websites and blogs. This is a 101 course. We’ll provide a temporary site for you to explore WordPress on that day – you just need to bring your wifi-capable laptop.