To make ideas happen, you must communicate with many stakeholders. Sketching alone or together is a great way to rapidly generate and give shape to your ideas.
Sketching is deceptively simple. It requires nothing more than a Sharpie and some paper. And yet, unless you’re a trained artist or chronic doodler, it can seem daunting. This workshop will teach you techniques that will enable you to visually represent your ideas so you can share them with others—and make them a reality!
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop will benefit anyone who needs to generate ideas, build consensus, and communicate outcomes. This workshop is great for designers, engineers, product developers, and anyone who wants to communicate more effectively.
What you'll learn:
- What is Visual Thinking?
- Why is Visual Thinking Important?
- How to Draw (Visual Thinking Basics)
- Creating Scenes and Stories
- What to Draw
- Practice a few basic shapes that will enable you to move beyond boxes, arrows, and stick-figures
- Generate 10 concepts in 10 minutes
- Learn how to sketch with others so that everyone has a voice
- Communicate complex ideas by telling a visual story
- Discover that you were wrong—you can sketch!
Sketch tools are included and are yours to keep! Light food and drinks will be provided.
Workshop price: $30