EMERGENCY, EVACUATION & OTHER DANGEROUS SITUATIONS AT CIC WARSAW
Here is an abridged version of the conduct in the event of fire or other emergency. As not to waste your time, it is limited to the essential minimum. Please read it carefully, as it contains information necessary for the safety of all members of our community.
IMPORTANT: PREVENTION OF FIRE AND ITS SPREADING LIES AMONG THE BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL STAFF MEMBERS AND EVERY PERSON CONDUCTING BUSINESS IN THE BUILDING.
Every person using our spaces is required to:
- Keep the cleanliness and tidiness as well as be mindful of fire safety at the workspace, office and the closest surroundings,
- Learn and apply the guidelines of this instruction, remember the ways of alarming relevant services and people – it can be CIC staff or security of the building,
- Take part in the fire trainings and recurrent evacuation practices,
- Not block traffic routes, exits, staircases and access to electronic switches and fire extinguishing equipment,
- Respect smoking bans and not using open fire in spaces where it is forbidden, as well as in every place where it could result in a fire (unfortunately it also applies to the candles on birthday cakes… ),
- Inform CIC staff immediately about all deficiencies and defects that could cause fire,
- Learn about where fire extinguishing equipment is kept and how to use it (hydrants, fire extinguishers, fire blankets etc..) – we encourage you to localise the closest fire extinguisher to your workplace.
Evacuating people from the building
IMPORTANT: VOICE INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEED TO EVACUATE IS THE SIGNAL OBLIGING TO LEAVE THE BUILDING. PLEASE OBEY THIS INFORMATION, LEAVE YOUR WORKSPACE AND IMMEDIATELY HEAD TOWARDS THE CLOSEST EMERGENCY EXIT.
In the event of fire or any other danger in the building or in its part, people who are not involved in the rescue operation should leave the danger zone.
- People leaving the danger zone should head towards emergency exits in accordance with the signage.
- During evacuation people are obliged to obey the orders given by the rescue team, i.e. people responsible for the evacuation process, e.g. security, firefighters.
- During evacuation it is forbidden to: do anything that could cause panic, use the elevators, head the opposite direction to evacuation, stop or block the movement in any other way, evacuate your/others property.
- Depending on the situation, evacuation of the whole building or its certain parts can
- During evacuation, people who left the building are obliged to gather in the designated sectors. Such sectors are located in front of the main entrance to the building from Chmielna Street, wherein it cannot cause impediment to the rescue and firefighting operation.
- Evacuation coordinators from each company are obliged to make sure if everyone reached the designated sectors. Evacuation coordinators of the companies that employ disabled people are responsible for their evacuation.
- During evacuation, each person should remember that their conduct cannot impede rescue action.
- The return to the building after evacuation or its part takes place in accordance to the decision of the owner of the building or an authorized person.
IMPORTANT: SECURITY BUILDING IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROPER IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS ACTION, PLEASE FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS.
If you notice a fire or other danger, please follow these rules:
1. Inform the immediate surroundings about a fire or any other danger by phone:
Building security………….+48 22 372 89 10
CIC Reception………………+48 22 375 99 0
Fire brigade………………….998 lub 112
2. After getting connected by phone with the fire brigade remember to clearly define:
Where is the fire e.g.. Warsaw, Chmielna 37 Street, Varso 2 Building, CIC, second floor,
What is on fire e.g. Kitchen, trash bin,
Whether there is a threat to human life e.g. there is no threat to human life, security is in the process of carrying out an evacuation action,
The phone number from which the fire is reported and your full name e.g.. 825-09-44, George Wind.
IMPORTANT: END THE CALL ONLY AFTER RECEIVING THE CONFIRMATION ABOUT THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE NOTIFICATION BY THE FIRE BRIGADE.
3. Initiate Manual Call Point (red), through pressing a button.
4. Start extinguishing the fire using the nearby fire extinguishing equipment.
IMPORTANT: IF THE FIRE IS ALREADY DEVELOPED, E.G. IT IS SPREAD OVER THE ENTIRE ROOM, PLEASE DO NOT INITIATE THE FIREFIGHTING ACTION. LIMIT YOUR ACTIONS TO ALARMING AND INFORMING THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.
5. In case of a danger or when being asked by the people managing the rescue and firefighting operation you should evacuate to a safe place (designated place outside the building)
As a reminder, in a case of an emergency, serious damage or other danger, please inform:
Ambulance service………………………………..call 999
Gas emergency service………………………….call. 992
Energy emergency service……………………..call 991
Water and Sewage emergency service …..call 994
OTHER EMERGENCY SITUATIONS:
Community Team is available for our clients from 8:30am to 5pm, from Monday to Friday but the space is open 24h/7 days a week.
We understand that our clients might need support outside of our regular working hours, in case they locked themselves out or are witnessing serious damage or safety threat happening in the space.
In such a situation please contact Community Team at:
email@example.com or via Reception landline* 22 375 99 00
*our landline phone after hours is transferred to our team member “on the watch”.
However, we would recommend contacting the team via email.