The use of Data Science and Machine learning in the investment industry is increasing and investment professionals both fundamental and quantitative, are taking notice. At a recent event, data science was the topic of discussion and many investment professionals were enthusiastic about the upcoming revolution. Many organizations like CFA, GARP, PRMIA and CAIA too are recognizing that their members are looking for direction and education on data science and machine learning topics.
Though many investment professionals are excited about possibilities, a vast number of investment professionals are confused with all the hype and media coverage about how data science and machine learning would revolutionize the investment industry. If you are an investment professional and are new to machine learning and data science, you are not alone! Many investment professionals have questions such as:
- Should I learn to code in Python or MATLAB now or hire a coder?
- What is Fintech and how is it changing the investment industry ?
- What is Big Data ?
- How is Machine learning different from traditional Statistics?
- Should I go back to school or join a bootcamp to get a Data science degree?
- How can I retool myself so I can integrate the best in-class solutions into my investment practice?
- How do I answer investor questions on machine learning solutions and robo advisors?
If you have had such questions and are still looking for answers, join QuantUniversity for a FREE workshop to get your answers. Through examples and case studies, we will discuss role of machine learning and data science in the investment industry.
5.30-6.00 - Refreshments & Networking
6.00-7.00 - Data Science and Machine Learning Workshop
7.00-7.30 - Seeing is Believing: A machine learning case study using Python
Who should attend:
- Fundamental and Quantitative analysts, investors, portfolio managers new to data science and machine learning
- Financial professionals new to data-driven methodologies
- Machine learning enthusiasts interested in use cases in fintech and finance