International Soft Landing Miami FAQs
You can access the online application here
The ISL program is designed to support entrepreneurs with mid-size companies who are looking to expand their companies across borders. We look for certain things from the company and the founder(s):
- Entrepreneur, co-founder or partners based outside of the US or recently moved to the US within the last year
- Looking to gain cultural and practical understanding of doing business in the US through an immersive experience
- Driven and willing to work hands-on with their product, pitch and business positioning
- Unsure of the path of getting started in the US market
- Commercially ready product or service
- Tech-enabled scalable business
- Management team in place
- Looking to raise US capital
- All industries welcome
Relevant application information can be found here
$2,000 per company (up to 2 people per company)
$6,500 per company (up to 2 people per company)
The Gateway program is fully conducted online over Zoom.
The Elevate Expansion program is a hybrid initiative. The first 5 weeks of the program are online and then the last two weeks will be in-person in Miami. The Welcome Breakfast, Closing Pitch Night and a number of sessions will take place in person, while the rest will be over Zoom.
All program components will be in English: all modules will be taught in English, and all written and spoken deliverables will be in English. As such, participants must be sufficiently fluent in English to complete reading assignments and meaningfully participate in discussions and working groups.
To participate in the program, companies need to enroll teams of 1-2 decision makers (CEO, Founders, Managing Directors, CFOs, etc.).
The two programs offered have different meeting cadence.
- The Gateway program hosts 2 weeks of virtual sessions of 2.5 – 3 hrs each day. In addition, we also host one-to-one mentorships with experts and the ISL team.
- The Ellevate Expansion program includes what is covered in the Gateway program, plus 4 more weeks of virtual time working on your toolkit and 2 weeks of immersion in Miami with a combination of workshops and one-to-one meetings with leads and potential partners, clients or investors.
Participants will also have access to online course materials throughout the full program period, which they can review asynchronously (on their own time).
Gateway Program (2 weeks, online):
The cost of the program is $2,000 for up to 2 participants. This program fee covers the tuition of two participants from the same company, materials, etc.
Elevate Expansion (7 weeks, hybrid: online and in-person in Miami):
The cost of the program is $6,500 for up to 2 participants. This program fee covers the tuition of two participants from the same company, materials, transportation in Miami for group activities, meals during group activities. The fee does not cover meals and transportation during meetings on your own.
Once participants have been selected, they must make an initial payment of 50% of the program fee by the program start date. The second and final installment will be due by the end of the second week of the program. Additional information about how to make payments will be sent to participants prior to the start of the program, when invoices are distributed and payments are due.
The United States welcomes visitors from around the world.
- This Visa Wizard is a guide to help foreign citizens understand which visa category might be appropriate for their travel to the United States.
What country/authority or area issued your passport?
- Depending on your nationality, purpose for travel, and other requirements you may be eligible to travel to the U.S. without a visa.
Why are you traveling to the U.S.?
- The type of visa you need depends on your primary purpose for coming to the U.S. Different visas have different eligibility requirements.
If your primary purpose for travel is
- Business or Employment
- What will you be doing in the U.S.?
- I am traveling for temporary business.
- I am (temporary business):
- Meeting with business partners, attending a conference, or other short-term business.
Yes! We invite you to join ISL’s Alumni Network, a community made up of like-minded international entrepreneurs who have been in your shoes and offer a supportive environment.
We host virtual and in-person events to connect the alumni community.
All notification of withdrawals must be sent via email to the International Soft Landing (ISL) team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Up to 30 days before the start date of each phase of the program, payment is refunded in full.
Within 30 days of the start date, withdrawals are subject to 30% of the amount due. After the start of the program, any withdrawal will result in forfeiture of the full amount due. Under special circumstances, CIC can provide a credit for the amount paid so founders can use that towards a future ISL program.